[beyond-licensing] FLOSS Field Guide Doc Sprint

Josh Simmons josh at opensource.org
Wed Jun 8 16:56:09 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Following up on the board meeting, Leslie and I are introducing the FLOSS
Field Guide (and Doc Sprint) to the Beyond Licensing WG. I won't be able to
make the Monday call so want to kick this off via email. You can find a
draft project proposal for a FLOSS Field Guide and a Doc Sprint to put it
together here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQQwL8lowVc-vKDnOqP4EaqAgxAch2LFE0PINrZHKdI/edit?usp=sharing

A few notes from the board meeting:

- we should take a journalistic approach in order to avoid political issues
such as deigning one license or governance model as better than the other,
a la license review
- we can highlight things we know are good or generally produce good
results and let people decide on their own

This *will* require funding so we'll need to bring this to the Fundraising
WG/Board but I think there's a goodly amount of pre-work to do in ironing
out this proposal before doing that.

Please feel free to edit/comment the document shared above. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks,
Josh