[PublicPolicy] Open Sourcing Government Code

sean roberts seanroberts66 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:56:19 UTC 2020

The reality is that operating open source requires special devops skills that need to be hired for and then managed over time. That is why I recommend a close analysis of projects like the Open Mobility Foundation as it is a multiyear effort that has cities policy managers, commercial companies, and operators working together. It is international as well.

Managing day to day operations and upgrades needs to be first and foremost part of any open source plans. The TODO group has some great examples of good planning and organization. Maybe we can band together here on this mailing list to include government needs.

Sean Roberts, Chief Technologist
925.980.4729 Lincoln Network, LincolnPolicy.org
schedule through https://calendly.com/sarob/