[Members] OSI Board Nominations Open Feb 3!

Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
Thu Jan 9 18:19:38 UTC 2020

Hello OSI Members,

I wanted to be sure everyone knew nominations for the Open Source
Initiative's 2020 board elections will open February 3, 2020, and close
Friday, February 28, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PDT).

As an individual member of the OSI, you are eligible to run as a
candidate for one of the two (2) open individual member seats. You may
submit your nomination to the OSI, via the OSI contact form (
http://opensource.org/contact). Please select the "Candidate
Nomination" category on the form.

As members you also also invited to vote. I will follow up with more
information on the voting process as the elections draw nearer.

The eleven person board is composed of four (4) directors elected by
OSI individual members, four (4) elected by affiliate members, and two
(2) appointed by the elected directors. The General Manager of the OSI
also serves on the board as a director (ex officio). Board
responsibilities include oversight of the organization, including its
operations, staff, and budget; setting strategic direction and defining
goals in line with the mission; serving the community through
committees and working groups, and; representing the OSI and its
mission at events and communications. Board directors, elected by the
individual members, serve two-year terms and may hold their seats for
three consecutive terms (six years).

For more and detailed information on our nominations, elections, and
the responsibilities of OSI Directors, please see our Board Elections
page at https://opensource.org/elections.

The full schedule for the 2020 elections is below.

    January 1, 2020: Announcement of the election
    February 3, 2020 (12:00 a.m. PST): Nominations open
    February 28, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PDT): Nominations close
    March 2, 2020 (12:00 a.m. PDT): Elections open
    March 13, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PDT): Elections close
    March 16, 2020 (12:00 a.m. PDT): : Run-off elections open (if
needed)
    March 20, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PDT): Run-off elections close
    March 20, 2020: New Board Directors seated

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at,
masson at opensource.org or (970) 4-MASSON.

Thank you for your continued support of open source software and the
Open Source Initiative. As a community-driven organization, we depend
on our members to ensure our continued success.

Patrick

--
  ||  |   | || |  ||  ||  | || |  |||  |  |||

Patrick Masson
General Manager & Director, Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States
Office: (415) 857-5398