[License-discuss] License Questions

Marshall Lake marshallelake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 04:01:23 UTC 2024

Hi,

I'm currently working on an Open Source project.  I've done several Open
Source programs in the past and I've always made them Public Domain.  But
this project is a little more "serious" (for lack of a better word) than
my previous Open Source projects/programs and I thought I might upgrade
the license.

After looking over the available licenses, GNU GPLv3 looks to be the best
fit for me.

Newbie questions ...

I assume these already-available licenses are "umbrella" licenses and I
can put my project under that license?

If so, do I still need to go through the review process?

Marshall Lake