[License-discuss] I edited the CC0 license to solve patent issue, need some advice

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Sat Apr 6 19:57:58 UTC 2024

I think the proper language would be to grant rights to parents that are
"necessarily practiced in the work as issued by the grantor". Because of
course anyone can modify the work to exercise any patent claim you happen
to own.

CC0 was never all that strong. It is probably going to be parsed in court
as a dedication to the public domain rather than a contract. There is thus
some question of how binding the terms could be on the grantor.

And you have not put this particular term through legal review?