[License-discuss] Reconsidering the "unless required by applicable law" clauses on warranties and limitations of liability (CRA)

JBC offsite jamie at jamie.io
Fri Feb 24 07:28:01 UTC 2023

On the CRA, Mike was gracious enough to note in his first blog post
that, while Eclipse and a few other big shops might be able to
metabolize the overhead of all the
conformity/safety-testing-and-certifying that a regulatory regime
might impose ... most FOSS shops could not.  But as he also notes,
this EU proposal probably comes from a place of good will:  it's not a
deliberate attack on noncommercial / indie code development.  In case
this didn't get mentioned in the thread, there's more of a discussion
of this ongoing legislative issue in Open Forum Europe channels.
Jamie usually from OASIS but personal views only here.