[License-discuss] Modified Apache License

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:09:39 UTC 2021

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 2:27 PM Langley, Stuart
<Stuart.Langley at disney.com> wrote:

> Thank you.  The rationale is that in a company like ours (Disney in this case, but others obviously would share this concern) trademarks are a fundamental value of the company.  We license marks very intentionally and are not comfortable with constraining trademark use only by “reasonable and customary” as that is 1) subject to interpretation by licensees, and 2) may change over time.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'd like to know if you've experienced trademark issues related to
this "in the wild" or if this is merely a preventative change to
reduce that possibility.

(In fact if anyone has experienced trademark issues as a result of
Apache V2, please let us all know.)

Thanks,
James