[License-discuss] [License-review] Please rename "Free Public License-1.0.0" to 0BSD... again.

Nigel T nigel.2048 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:51:42 UTC 2021

It’s a 30 second change to modify the license title back to what it was as requested and to add a note in the text that the FPL name was the original submission name but the original submitter agreed to the renaming and it is no longer used.

Unless you think Rob is actually lying and there are a bunch of projects out there actually using FPL 1.0 it seems like a complete non-issue to meet the request in a reasonable manner that meets everyone’s requirements.

There would then be no ambiguity that 0BSD is the only name in use, that FPL was what it was submitted under for OSI in the unlikely scenario someone wants to see the approval discussion and that FPL no longer should be used on new projects to avoid confusion.

It was decided in 2018 to rename the license so the current listing isn’t “100% appropriate”.