[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] A new USG License

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY CCDC ARL (USA) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Tue Mar 31 14:16:22 UTC 2020

McCoy, if you're willing to talk with Diane, I'd appreciate it!  I did talk with her quite a while ago about the USG's issues, but nothing much came of the interaction (she seemed very, very busy at the time).  If you're able to continue the discussions, I would be very interested in seeing where they went.  Note that I'm no longer the lead person at ARL regarding OSS, so I can only be interested in my personal capacity (although if things seem to be heading in the right direction, I can ping all the right people from my end).

That said, I'm only willing to push on my end **if** the OSI is willing to seriously consider the USG's predicament, and willing to accept that a new license may be necessary.  Ideally this would be a better version of NOSA, one that everyone can accept, but I personally don't care what license is used as long as it solves all the major issues.  Otherwise we're back at the same impasse that we've been at for some time.

Thanks,
Cem Karan