[License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

McCoy Smith mccoy at lexpan.law
Wed Mar 18 16:43:33 UTC 2020

From: License-discuss <license-discuss-bounces at lists.opensource.org> On Behalf Of Tobie Langel
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:27 PM
To: license-discuss at lists.opensource.org
Subject: Re: [License-discuss] How can we as a community help empower authors outside license agreements?

The math here assumes voters only cast a single vote, which isn't how this election works.

Afaik the 35% number Coraline shared was based on data provided by Josh.

I’m pretty sure that the Helios system is designed to keep voter and vote information secret, other than the ultimate outcome.  So I’m pretty sure Josh, or anyone, could not give any data different than the data posted on the Helios results page, which is what I based the number of eligible voters, voters who cast ballots, and election results from in prior posts.  That, as far as I can tell, is the only data that anyone can extract.

And I’m not sure there is any way to get 35% from that data (although you can get around 31% if you add the Coraline+Tobie votes, which, as others have pointed out, seems a dubious way to measure things).