[License-discuss] A modest proposal to reduce the number of BSD licenses

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Thu Aug 20 16:43:58 UTC 2020

Russell Nelson dixit:

> Yes, what I'm proposing goes against the law. The question is what harm is
> created and what benefit is created, not whether a law exists or not. If you

It’s also immoral and goes against the wishes of at least some
permissive-licencing authors.

*Especially* with permissive licences, people get *so* much that
what few conditions there are must be respected to the max.

IMHO,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
	-- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general