[License-discuss] Certifying MIT-0

Mark Atwood me at mark.atwood.name
Sun Apr 26 02:43:35 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020, at 10:09, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 4/22/20 7:33 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Here is my non-proliferation question:
> Is there significant use of MIT-0 in the field?

Almost all the sample, reference, teaching, documentation, and "blog" code published by Amazon is MIT-0.   Except for the stuff for Alexa and for Lambda, and I'm hoping that changes.   We like MIT-0 for that purpose  because the intent is that our customers can remix it into their own applications with zero concern about the labor of maintaining attribution.

I don't know if that counts as "in the wild" enough.

It's a useful use case.  Especially for companies who go to the effort to try to be fastidious about maintaining providence and attribution for open source code.   We try to be, so we try to make things as easy as possible for our customers.

..m