[License-discuss] Certifying MIT-0

mccoy at lexpan.law mccoy at lexpan.law
Fri Apr 24 14:50:10 UTC 2020

> April 24, 2020 7:41 AM, "Thorsten Glaser" <tg at mirbsd.de> wrote:
>
> “Unlicense” is a PD dedication, not a licence, and therefore
> not portable to at least a good part of the EU, unusable both
> for consumers and creators. I have to treat stuff under the
> “Unlicense” as proprietary unlicenced unusable crap.

The second paragraph of Unlicense is a license, at least as much of a license as BSD or MIT has (or, for that matter, the back up license in CC0):

"Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled
binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means."