[License-discuss] License-discuss Digest, Vol 97, Issue 4

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Fri Apr 10 19:13:15 UTC 2020

Ashkar Dev dixit:

>if I have a page and it includes some codes, some of them are mine code and
>there is also some part from some MIT Licensed Projects so is it legal to
>add all licenses at the top? I mean not adding the License directly with
>the code but at the top of its file.

I don’t fully understand you, but if what I understand is right,
then, yes it is.

>because I am on developing a project and used MIT Licensed codes of others
>and I collected the Licenses but now I'm not sure which code is with which
>license and also the code was may be modified so if at each of my code
>files I add just all license texts is it enough right?

As long as you list all copyright notes, all licences, everything else
that may be required by the licence to be listed (for example, if you
also have Apache 2 licence, a NOTICE file must also be copied), and all
used licences are compatible with each other, then, yes.

IANAL, TINLA

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Wish I had pine to hand :-( I'll give lynx a try, thanks.

Michael Schmitz on nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k
a.k.a. {news.gmane.org/nntp}#news.gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k in pine