[License-discuss] MIT License

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Wed Apr 8 13:04:55 UTC 2020

Ashkar Dev dixit:

>can you explain the point that says to include the license of used code,
>but can it be included inside the file but not directly with copied code?

Not sure I understand you directly, but:

If you redistribute some MIT-licenced work which has documentation,
and the documentation is part of the distribution, it’s enough if
the licence is reproduced in the documentation.

In all other cases, you have to include the licence with the work
itself.

As an example, you cannot just distribute a minified version of
some MIT-licenced ECMAscript library. You have to either add the
licence as comment into it or put the licence in documentation
that’s distributed along. (Note that minified equals compiled,
not source, so, to count as Open Source, you have to also make
the source code available.)

IANAL, TINLA.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)