[License-discuss] Generic process for removing approved licenses. Re: REMOVE AAL from list of approved licenses

Josh Berkus josh at berkus.org
Wed Apr 1 16:24:52 UTC 2020

> Are y'all suggesting yet another category, "deprecated"? And how does
> that differ from some other categories, "non-reusable" in particular?
> Why can't problematic licenses just be reclassified as "non-reusable"?

I would argue that, rather, redundant, superceded, and voluntarily
retired licenses are all subcategories of deprecated.  However, none of
those words carry the implication for developers and companies that
"deprecated" does; that simple word conveys the idea that the license
exists but should not be used.  None of the other catergory words we've
chosen work in that fasion.

--
Josh Berkus