[License-discuss] License for 'source available' software without ability to create clones of the software?

Kevin P. Fleming kevin+osi at km6g.us
Thu Sep 5 09:57:53 UTC 2019

There is, but it's really off topic for the Open Source Initiative's
license discussion list, since the license in question would be very
from compliant with the OSD :-)

Actually, now that I read your question more closely, the answer to #2
is probably 'no'. If someone authors a contribution to your software,
they own the copyrights on that contribution, so it will be
challenging to control what they are allowed to do with that code. If
your license attempts to restrict usage of code written by third
parties (in cases where the the code is a derivative work of your
work), then the contributor wouldn't even be able to push their code
to GitHub to send you a Pull Request, since doing so requires
providing GitHub, Inc. permission to publish the code themselves.