[License-discuss] Feedback on Open-Source Contribution License

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 13:38:58 UTC 2019

This feels like a violation of criteria 5 of the OSD: The license must not
discriminate against any person or group of persons.

By restricting use to contributors of open-source works, you're actively
discriminating against a group of people (people who are either unable or
unwilling to contribute to open source).

There is also the point that "in some way" is painfully vague and trivial
to circumvent, but even if you added a lengthy treatise on what constitutes
a contribution to any open-source work, I think you'd still run back into
criteria 5.

Tom