[License-discuss] Open Source Software Question.

Ahmed Hassan ahassan at rapidsos.com
Fri Oct 4 16:03:56 UTC 2019

Part of the software is released under Apache 2 license, the other part of
the project has a directory with DRM that limit the number of users that
the open source version can access. They use the word "open source" in the
read me file.

https://github.com/sourcegraph/sourcegraph#license
Here is the constant that will render the open source version unusable. It
doesn't have any option to disable it.
https://github.com/sourcegraph/sourcegraph/blob/e7b982df18238ea45d7b868f64a8f78a508a4df7/enterprise/cmd/frontend/internal/licensing/licenseusercount.go#L160

Is that a valid use of the term open source?
--
Ahmed