[License-discuss] How to embed Apache v2 software?

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Thu Nov 7 20:28:51 UTC 2019

* Antoine Thomas:

> I am looking for advice about that: is it ok to embed some Apache software
> this way and ship in OSL?

You would have to ask your own lawyer about that.  I'm not really
familiar with the OSL.  I don't expect any problems, but neither I'm
qualified to analyze this situation, nor have I attempted to do so.

> My target is to be sure that there is no compliance failure in the project.
> And also, to set good practice and rules for the contributors in the
> developer documentation, so they know what is ok and what is not possible.

Most people who worry about complaince put in a lot of effort to ship
the minimum set of sources and required notices possible.  If you can
just ship the entire input to your build system instead, along the
built artifacts, compliance becomes much easier.