[License-discuss] Government licenses

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Tue May 28 21:46:35 UTC 2019

Yeah, I found the idea that one could contractually restrict something that is in the public domain (or in the parlance of 17 USC 105, not subject to copyright) odd.  Here’s a more than decade old presentation that talks about that:  http://www.archivists.org/conference/sanfrancisco2008/docs/session101-Frankel.pdf
Maybe someone knows of better, newer, case law or scholarship on that point.