[License-discuss] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Tue May 28 20:07:43 UTC 2019

Well, yes.  If the government has particularly quirky rules that would impact here (like, say Bayh-Dole, or ITAR), and a license needs to account for those and can still conform to the OSD, then there shouldn’t be a problem with special-purpose approval.

>>I don’t think anyone is suggesting Gov’t actors should be offered any sort of leeway with license review.

Exactly, including answering legitimate questions about provisions in their licenses and why they are needed, and why already-approved licenses are problematic for the USG (or any other government).

>>  Gov’t does not respond well to ad hoc (at all) and that is / was the L-R process.

From the recent mailing list activity, it may be more than just the government!