[License-discuss] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Sat May 25 17:53:18 UTC 2019

> ... calm, rational argument is far more persuasive than bluster any day ...

Pam, I generally agree. But I refer to our U.S. Congress as an example where moderation (with potential censure) is only an extreme remedy for cursing or ad hominem criticism. Beyond that, people need not be too polite. That is boring. We are adults here.

U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 2: "The Senators and Representatives... for any Speech or Debate in either House, shall not be questioned in any other Place."

In that context only, I consider your cautionary words "absurd." Every attorney takes a course in "bluster" as an occasional tool for persuasion. Sometimes it even works.

I agree with James that "moderating someone should only be used as a last resort in serious situations, and that it should be transparent."

/Larry