[License-discuss] comprehensiveness (or not) of the OSI-approved list

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Wed May 22 14:09:56 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 4:43 PM Tzeng, Nigel H. <Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Let's clarify the history on CC0.
>

> Objection to CC0 was primarily you and Bruce which made it DOA regardless of the opinions of the rest of the list.  There was no "quickly growing consensus" when they pulled the plug.

And me, and others... This was the quickly growing consensus.

Also, opposition to software patents is yet another good example of
something that shouldn't surprise anyone that knows the basics of
history of software freedom movement.

Can we please let these old reviews go to rest now? Just because you
disagree with something doesn't mean you need to bring it back here 7
years later!

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7