[License-discuss] Copyright on APIs

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Jul 8 20:52:24 UTC 2019

Of course that isn't my opinion. Only reciprocal licenses that purport to restrict linking.  Larry Sent from my phone.
-------- Original message --------From: VanL <van.lindberg at gmail.com> Date: 7/8/19  1:48 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com>, license-discuss at lists.opensource.org Subject: Re: [License-discuss] Copyright on APIs Hi Larry,Just making sure I understand:On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 3:22 PM Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> wrote:I again plead with OSI, regardless of what the Supreme Court does with the Oracle v. Google case, that OSI never again approve an open source license* that  purports to impede in any way by copyright infringement the freedom to copy and use any functional API in any open source software. This should be OUR requirement for software freedom. You should educate the public that this is OUR goal for open source.... ... * Like the GPL and the AGPL!So your view is that the OSI should never approve an additional reciprocal license? Under any circumstance?Thanks,Van