[License-discuss] Copyright on APIs

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Thu Jul 4 00:20:41 UTC 2019

Bruce Perens via License-discuss dixit:

>On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de> wrote:
>
>> Copying of parts of the headers is fine
>
>Not just part, the entire header. […]

Yeah, I touched on that in my very long recent mail.

For C, watch out for macros with implementation in them.
For Java™, though, copying the JavaDoc is not generally okay.
For Pascal, it has this very nice line between interface and
implementation in the units… other languages require thought.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of