[License-discuss] Copyright on APIs

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Wed Jul 3 19:09:04 UTC 2019

VanL dixit:

>In an open source case, it would look more like Oracle v. Google: there
>would be access to the source code and possible direct copying. The CJEU
>made clear that was a distinguishable point.

I have no problem with disallowing direct copying… unless there is
only one (or an otherwise very small number of) way to express the
API so it will naturally come up similar (or even identical).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting