[License-discuss] Developing a new open source license

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:16:04 UTC 2019

 Hello all,

I have been retained to help develop a new, strong copyleft open source
license for a client, Holo Ltd. We have been going back and forth
internally for a little while and we will shortly be putting out a draft
for public comment. After the public comment period, we will be submitting
the license to the OSI for certification.

I will also be discussing this license in my presentation at CopyleftConf
on Monday.

In the meantime, some of the underlying reasoning for why we need a
different open source license is being presented on Holo's blog. The first
post is up now, and the second will be up in a couple days:

https://medium.com/h-o-l-o/why-we-need-a-new-open-source-license-c8faf8a8dadd

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Van