[License-discuss] [License-review] For approval: The Cryptographic Autonomy License (Beta 2)

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Thu Aug 29 17:30:37 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 7:27 PM Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, 2:10 AM Henrik Ingo <henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi>
> wrote:
>

>> I was expecting you to also say that "we can't give FSF monopoly to
>> decide the boundaries of copyleft" and "OSI was founded to be inclusive
>> also to the needs of commercial companies". Surely this omission was just
>> an error?
>>

> Heck no. I have never been in this to fight FSF. That was the
> ill-considered decision of someone who's no longer involved in the process.
> OSI and FSF get along these days and we're going to keep it this way.

I was lazy and didn't include a link, but I was really referencing - if not
exactly quoting - your own words from March:
https://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2019-March/004014.html

It seems your mind has changed now that we are discussing a different
license?

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7