[License-discuss] For Public Comment: The Libre Source License

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 00:08:09 UTC 2019

I will register my standard objection, which is that 2.2 seems to attempt
to restrict private modification.  Many countries are starting to recognise
the harm of claiming restrictions on private copying under copyright, so
this reads as an attempt to circumvent in contract law a limitation or
exception of copyright law.

I believe any such attempts to circumvent limits and exceptions to
copyright violate the intent of FLOSS even when not clearly understood to
violate the language of the OSD.