[License-discuss] Please submit session proposals to FOSDEM Legal & Policy DevRoom and CopyleftConf

Richard Fontana richard.fontana at opensource.org
Fri Nov 16 19:49:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 10:29:16AM -0800, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> There are two events coming up soon that I think many on this list would
> make excellent speakers / session facilitators for the events.
[...]
> Both events take place in Brussels, Belgium in early February 2019.

Thank you Bradley, and I agree completely and strongly encourage
license-discuss subscribers to consider speaking at one or both of
these events!

> The first is the FOSDEM Legal and Policy DevRoom, which takes place on
> Saturday 2 February 2019 and submissions are due by Sunday 25 November 2018
> at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth).  The full CFP is available at:
>    https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002773.html

Note: I corrected the imported typo in the CFP deadline date -- Sunday
25 November.

I've been involved in helping coordinate the Legal and Policy Issues
DevRoom since 2012 and for each year thereafter -- along with Karen
Sandler, bkuhn, and Tom Marble, though Tom deserves primary credit for
its success. :) Talk proposals are welcome from all!

> Pretty much any topic typically discussed on this list is on-topic for that
> DevRoom.  Many of you on this list have spoken before in the FOSDEM DevRoom
> and while we'd be glad to see submissions from the Usual Suspects, we'd also
> welcome those who may not have spoken on licensing and policy issues before
> -- particularly developers and community leaders with expertise in the area.
>
> The second event is the first annual CopyleftConf, which takes place on
> Monday 4 February 2019 (the day after FOSDEM).  The CFP closes VERY SOON, on
> Wednesday 14 November 2018 at 23:59 AOE.  The full CFP is available at:
>    https://2019.copyleftconf.org/program/call-for-proposals
>
> This event is a first-of-its-kind conference to discuss the future of
> copyleft.

While I am not involved in organizing CopyleftConf, I expect it will
be complementary to the FOSDEM DevRoom and will prove to be an
important community event in its own right. I encourage everyone to
submit proposals to the CopyleftConf CFP too!

Richard