[License-discuss] Proposed license decision process

Kevin P. Fleming kevin+osi at km6g.us
Fri Dec 28 12:38:29 UTC 2018

One of my colleagues (who strongly prefers public domain dedications
and permissive licenses) recently indicated to me that in his opinion
as a software author, the obligation to distribute source code
qualified as 'consideration', since it requires a tangible (to some
degree) action on the part of the licensee. I had never thought about
it this way, but I can definitely see how someone could arrive at that
conclusion, and this seems to align with Florian's concern.