[License-discuss] Proposed license decision process

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Thu Dec 13 19:03:51 UTC 2018

Larry,

As far as I am aware, where the previous OSI board has worst "screwed up"
has been in accepting crayon licenses that can be harmful to the community
(my favorite is the SIL Open Font license, which I contend allows third
parties to place a font in the public domain). The OSD would not, on its
own, have stopped this regardless of the literal-ness of the reading.

    Thanks

    Bruce