[License-discuss] Open source license with obligation to display an attribution?

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Tue Dec 4 17:31:07 UTC 2018

Antoine Thomas dixit:

>A possible use in case of "too many attribution/advertising clauses" is to
>provide a link to a page with all licenses, dependencies, ...

Yes, we have a long manpage with all them in MirBSD, but this
only works if the licence does *not* require the exact style
of presentation and is technology-neutral.

“In the software or its accompanying documentation” or something
like the 4-clause BSD licence uses is fine.

Splash screen, website, etc. isn’t.

Website has additional problems (what if you have none, or what
if these differe for multiple versions of the programs, etc).

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt