[License-discuss] Guidance for making license information available to users

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Mon Oct 23 20:28:43 UTC 2017

Jesper Lund Stocholm <4a4553504552 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We are distributing (selling) an application written i JavaScript. Since it
> is JavaScript (no obfuscation) all source code is technically available to
> anyone who would like to look for it.
>
> We include a number of components in our application and I am looking for
> guidance to how we handle the licenses for them.

You may be interested in the method we've established described at
<https://www.fsf.org/news/announcing-js-labels> and
<https://www.gnu.org/licenses/javascript-labels-rationale.html>. (Note
that the LibreJS software is undergoing a rewrite now, but the format is
human readable and does not require LibreJS to be meaningful.)

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.