[License-discuss] Moderator Advice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 21 18:15:13 UTC 2017

Quoting Johnny A. Solbu (johnny at solbu.net):

> I moderate many mailman lists (using listadmin), and my experience is
> that the happens because some people uses «Reply to all» when
> responding.

FWIW, if more MUAs (mail user agents) were updated to become compliant
with RFC 2369 section 3.4 (as is my mailer, mutt, also Thunderbird,
KMail, many others), and thus heed the List-Post header, that would no
longer happen.  I refer to this SMTP header in every post:

Gradually, news of this two-decade old Internet standard is making its
way out to mailer authors.  Perhaps via Pony Express.  ;->