[License-discuss] notes on a systematic approach to "popular" licenses

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Jan 11 14:54:11 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Richard Fontana <fontana at sharpeleven.org>
wrote:

I had thought it might be preferable to return to the original
> "popular list" and just make clear that it is the product of a
> now-distant point in time, but I now believe this solution would
> probably be seen by many as worse than the current approach.

Perhaps we should add a few <http://bestanimations.com/
Site/Construction/under-construction-gif-6.gif> images to the page.

In fact, I don't see how any list can be seen as anything but
prejudiced, and any data-driven list will merely reflect the
prejudices and fashions, not even of today, but of the past,
since open-source software once published rarely disappears.

Using RELAX NG compact syntax to develop schemas is one of the simple
pleasures in life....          --Jeni Tennison