[License-discuss] Possible alternative was: Re: U.S. Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) Version 0.4.1

Smith, McCoy mccoy.smith at intel.com
Tue Feb 28 17:09:45 UTC 2017

You should consider the fact that CC0 has an express disclaimer of patent licenses (in Section 4.a).  That may mean that it doesn't address one of the concerns that I think you had (i.e., that there might be USG patents covering the non-US copyrightable USG work distributed by the USG).

The CC licenses are also not on the OSI list (although there has been some discussion in the past of whether they should be added, IIRC).