[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: U.S. Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) Version 0.4.1

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Mon Feb 27 20:18:41 UTC 2017

I've already gotten in contact with her, and I'm hoping to have a face to face with either her or someone else from DDS (the people behind code.mil) on Thursday at the next Federal Source Code Policy meeting.  Thank you for looking her up though!

As for punting it upstairs, I've been pushing everyone I can on this.  My feeling is that ARL is leading most of the Government in terms of figuring it out at this point, and that means that our analysis is where we're at.  So, if you have case law or Federal law that I can look at that says we can **safely** use the standard OSI-approved licenses on works that don't have copyright attached, please let me know.  And remember that 'safely' in this context means that the license's terms remain valid even though the work is in the public domain.

Thanks,
Cem Karan