[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: NOSA 2.0, Copyfraud and the US Government

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Tue Aug 29 12:59:47 UTC 2017

I see your point, but CC0 is an attempt to even out the use cases as far possible.  Basically, a person in Germany should not have to wonder if they'll be sued for using a US Government work that is in the public domain in the US.  CC0 answers that question as far as it is possible given the various jurisdictions around the world.

Thanks,
Cem Karan