[License-discuss] NOSA 2.0, Copyfraud and the US Government

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Aug 28 14:31:38 UTC 2017

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) dixit:

>Hi all, as you know I've been pushing the position that the US Government may
>have problems using copyright-based licenses on works that do not have
>copyright attached.  One of the lawyers I've been working on this with has

How is their position if the works are in the Public Domain only
in the USA? Their own copyright FAQ says that even US government
work may be copyright-protected e.g. in Germany.

So, in the end, “we” need a copyright licence “period”.

Thanks,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt