[License-discuss] Free Public License/0 Clause BSD License with Zlib Warranty Disclaimer

Jonas Baggett jonas17b at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 20:36:13 UTC 2017

Hello Nate,

I was actually having the same question as you and I don't know if you
have found an answer yet.

I just have found this page :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:MIT?rd=Licensing/MIT, where MIT
licence variants are described. Some of them have a minimal no-waranty
clause and are close to the license text you want to have, especially
the very last one.

The first sentence of the page states that :

    " There are many MIT variants, all of which are functionally
identical.".

Based on that, I conclude that there is no issue with your license text
because it is functionally identical to the Free Public License (and to
any of the MIT variants as well). That being said, I am not an expert.

Hope it did help
and happy Easter :-),
Jonas