[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: U.S. Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) 0.4.0

Tzeng, Nigel H. Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu
Thu Jul 28 21:16:24 UTC 2016

Awesome.  You may wish to ask your tech transfer office if any of your
army UARCs care about apache vs ECL v2.  The patent grants are slightly
different and ECL v2 is geared toward the odd needs of research
universities.  I'm guessing not because very few projects actually use ECL
v2.  On the other hand DoD OSS projects are somewhat special cases
themselves and UARCs have to deal with a variety of research grant sources
and are typically smaller pieces of the larger university system.

On 7/28/16, 4:38 PM, "License-discuss on behalf of Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY
RDECOM ARL (US)" <license-discuss-bounces at opensource.org on behalf of