[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: US Army Research Laboratory Open Source License proposal

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Mon Jul 25 16:41:01 UTC 2016

OK at this point I want to start another discussion about the license
(attached once again, with the minor correction of stripping out the word
'Apache', which I'd left in earlier).  Is the license compatible with Apache
2.0 and the licenses that Apache 2.0 is compatible with?  If not, why not?

We really want our code to be maximally useful, which requires that others be
able to use it freely.  If the language in the license precludes that, then it
should change.

Thanks,
Cem Karan