[License-discuss] Views on React licensing?

Brian Behlendorf brian at behlendorf.com
Mon Dec 12 17:38:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016, John Cowan wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Henrik Ingo <henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi> wrote:
>
>       Many people, including significant producers of BSD software, believe
>       that the BSD license is also a patent license.
>

> MIT is on record as saying that the MIT license, which is otherwise equivalent to the 2-clause BSD license, does *not* grant a patent license.

Is there a link to this?  I've not found anything similar when I've
looked, though I've made the same claims, in particular in reference to
recent attempts by fraudsters to claim to be Satoshi Nakamoto so as to
claim patent rights to his inventions (which were implemented in
BSD-licensed works he published in ~2009).

Brian