[License-discuss] [Non-DoD Source] Re: US Army Research Laboratory Open Source License proposal

Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil
Wed Aug 3 18:43:14 UTC 2016

OK, so there is a possibility that there is no copyright in foreign (to the
US) countries because such countries may choose to interpret the Berne
convention in that manner.  That suggests to me that the USG needs a
contract-based license even more than it already did, otherwise there may be
additional headaches for the USG in non-US territories.  Are there any
disagreements with this?

Thanks,
Cem Karan