[License-discuss] Companies that encourage license violations

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Sat Sep 19 15:39:01 UTC 2015

John, an open source license is not a nudum pactum. Consideration abounds in FOSS. Paraphrasing Wikipedia (the easy source for all law references):

The Jacobsen v. Katzer case is noteworthy in United States copyright law because Courts clarified the enforceability of licensing agreements on both open-source software and proprietary software. The case established the rule of law that terms and conditions of an Artistic License are "enforceable copyright conditions".

/Larry