[License-discuss] Does this look like an open source license?

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Fri Jan 30 21:33:44 UTC 2015

Tom Callaway wrote:

> I would suggest that it would be better to have a proper legal translation done of the 3c-BSD into Chinese,
> than to have a weak "simple English" version for the rest of the world to struggle with.

+1

It would be an interesting exercise to have qualified legal professionals prepare a translation of
BSD or MIT into Asian language(s).  It seems a reasonable hypothesis that not understanding
the license you are granting is a potential barrier to open source contribution from developers in Asia-Pacific.

cheers

atw
Intel open source technology center