[License-discuss] 3-clause BSD and reverse engineering

Engel Nyst engel.nyst at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 19:20:42 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 07:44 AM, Zluty Sysel wrote:
> "Reverse engineering, decompilation, and/or disassembly of software
> provided in binary form under this license is prohibited."

I'm wondering why you want this clause. Is the software in source form
available under BSD or do you intend to make it available under this
license? What purpose would this clause for the binary version solve?

--
"Public works must serve a community. Open source licensing ensures the
Tools are accessible to the world. We have not found any authority for