[License-discuss] 3-clause BSD with additional clause forbidding key disclosure

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Feb 5 21:35:14 UTC 2015

On 05/02/15 11:27, Simon Phipps wrote:
> Surely this is a matter to handle via a 1:1 contract with your
> customer?  I have doubts that the additional restriction you are
> proposing is OSD-compliant.

In fact, the current wording seems to share a problem with software
patents, in that you can create a derivative work that violates the
licence without knowing that you have done so, even if it is
statistically unlikely.

Also, the real problem here seems to be that the people using this
software have no understanding of the security implications. I can't
imagine such people will read and take notice of any open source licence
terms.